A Waffle Maker doesn’t have to be a uni-tasker that takes up precious commercial kitchen space. Consider of it instead as a simple kitchen equipment that cooks things on both sides at the same time and turns them into a crispy handheld treats.
Waffles are an obvious choice for this small kitchen equipment, but it is a lot more versatile than you might think. In reality, you can start your day with a hash brown waffle, you can use it as a sandwich press for lunch, waffle up some brownies or cookies for dessert, and even reheat your leftover pizza slices for a late night snack. Here’s a Mac and Cheese Waffle Recipe to start your waffle-making experience.
Mac and Cheese Waffles Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins.
Active time: 45 mins.
Total time: 1 hour
• 2 CUPS OF DRY MACARONI
• 3 TABLESPOONS OF BUTTER
• 1/4 CUP OF FLOUR
• 2 1/2 CUPS OF MILK
• 1/2 TEASPOON OF SALT
• 1/2 TEASPOON OF PEPPER
• 2 CUPS OF GRATED CHEESE OF CHOICE
• 2 EXTRA CUPS OF GRATED CHEESE OF CHOICE
1. Boil your macaroni until al dente, or is cooked just long enough that it’s neither crunchy nor too soft, and its texture appeals to the teeth. Then, drain the macaroni when it’s finished, rinse with cold water and set aside for later use.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter in medium heat. Put the flour and stir continuously for about 3 minutes until completely smooth and well combined. Pour in 1 cup of milk in a thin stream while whisking. It could start out lumpy, but still keep whisking until it becomes smooth and turns into a thick paste. Pour in the rest of the milk and whisk. On medium heat, stir the mixture once in a while for about 10 minutes just until the sauce thickens.
3. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the salt, pepper and cheese. Mix until the cheese is melted. Add the macaroni and gently mix it with the cheese mixture. Taste and adjust the seasonings if desired. Put it into a shallow baking sheet and let it cool completely. Cover and put the macaroni and cheese in the fridge overnight.
4. The next day, the mixture should be solid. Cut into cubes according to your Waffle Maker. Pre-heat your waffle maker until it’s hot. Sprinkle on a liberal amount of shredded cheese onto the bottom of your waffle maker. When the cheese melts, place your sliced mac and cheese cubes into the waffle maker. Also, sprinkle the tops with a little of shredded cheese and gently close the waffle maker. You don’t need to press down, as the mac and cheese heats up and melted, the lid will close on its own. Wait until it turns into golden brown and crispy, for about 5 – 6 minutes. Turn Off your waffle maker and let it cool slightly, this makes it easier to remove the waffles. Remove the waffles. Repeat as needed.
5. If you let the waffles totally cool, you can prepare them the day before consuming. To reheat, warm a single layer of your oven on a rimmed baking sheet in a 300 Degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes. The Mac and Cheese waffles will hold their shape because of the crispy cheese. Makes enough waffles to serve 4-6 person.
If you’re looking for a Commercial Waffle Maker, you can find it at Fun Food Thailand, Ltd. They can supply your restaurant with the Commercial Cooking Equipment and supplies from industry-leading manufacturers. They offer all kinds of Waffle Irons, Crepe Machines, American Waffle Mix and Restaurant Breakfast Equipment. Need help finding an item? Call our expert team at +66 (0)98 398 9770 or email them at email@example.com.