It is very important to serve your thirsty customers the perfect beverage, especially during summer time. Most food businesses are taking benefit on the hot season by serving varieties of icy cold drinks. It is the best time to practice cocktail and blending skills and serve strong liquor on-the-rocks. A cold beverage is great for satisfying thirsts, make sure your drinks are in demand by using an Ice Machine that produce top quality ice. Commercial Ice Machines performs an important role in the chain of operation in a commercial kitchen. This Kitchen equipment can also be one of the largest outflows in your budget, so choosing the right unit that works for your particular needs is really important. If you don’t own one of or if your ice machine isn’t up and you are thinking of replacing it, then now is the perfect time to do so.
The warm summer months are now fast approaching, it is the time of the year you are most likely to buy a new ice machine. This guide is intended to help you avoid buying an Ice Machine that’s not right for you.
6 Tips to Avoid Buying an Ice Machine that’s not right for you
- Avoid buying a restaurant equipment that is not enough for your needs. There’s nothing worse than having to run to the store just to buy ice during a peak hours. Figure out how much ice do you need, and then add a 20% allowance, to determine what size of Commercial Ice Machine that’s just right for you. If your restaurant is stuck with an extremely large ice maker, you may be spending wasteful costs to make ice you don’t need. This is not only wasteful and inefficient, but it’s an unnecessary financial investment doomed to melt away.
- Avoid buying an ice machine that you cannot use. Before you buy, you need to double check a few thing. Make sure that it has a proper electrical voltage, water lines and drainage, and confirm that your ice machine will fit in the space you provided it for. Allow space for the ice maker, storage bin, and the water filter. Also, take time to read the description and check out the specification sheet for the unit that you want to buy.
- If you plan to put your ice machine in an enclosed area, like a closet space, avoid buying an air-cooled machines because it will quickly heat the area in a small space, which will lead to decreased efficiency and, eventually, machine breakdown.
- Avoid shortening the life of your machine. Don’t be cheap on a filter. A water filter is an invaluable accessory, which does not only provides you with crystal clear and better tasting ice but it can also help your machine last longer by keeping hard water deposits out of the system. If the machine does not come with a filter, you can be able to buy one separately. A little investment now will save you money in the future.
- Avoid slow performance and repairs. If you are buying an air cooled ice machine, make sure you have proper clearance for air flow because Ice machines need a constant supply of air. A minimum of 6 inches is required around the intake of an air cooled-machine. If you don’t have the clearance, save yourself hassles and expense by purchasing a water-cooled machine.
- Avoid water-cooled ice machines because they use so much water. These type of compressor is not allowed in certain areas because it needs to draw a large quantity of water to create ice, but in places where the surrounding air temperature is too warm a water-cooled system is needed.
Start your adventure to serving the perfect ice-cold beverage to your customers. Fun Food Thailand can supply your restaurant with the Commercial Ice machines from industry-leading manufacturers. To learn more about our commercial ice machines and find exactly what you need, call our expert team at +66 (0)98 398 9770. If you’d like to place an order, it’s easy to do online, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org