One of our favorite Easter traditions is a classic Easter Carrot Cake. Add this classic favorite to your Menu and you might not have any leftovers in your commercial kitchen. This healthy dessert is the perfect Easter treat for friends and family gatherings.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
For the carrot cake:
• 3 cups of All-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon of Salt
• 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon of Nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon of Baking Soda
• 2 ¼ cups of Raw Sugar
• 1 ¼ cup of Vegetable Oil
• 4 Eggs
• 2 teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
• 1 cup of Shredded Coconut
• 1 cup of Canned Crushed Pineapple
• 2 cups of Grated Carrots
For the cream cheese frosting:
• ½ cup of Unsalted butter (softened)
• 3-4 cups of Powdered Sugar (to taste)
• 1 teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
• 16 ounces of Full Fat Cream Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg. Then, set aside. In a large bowl of an Electric Stand Mixer set with the paddle attachment, add the eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil. Beat the ingredients until well combined. While beating, add the flour mixture you have set aside gradually. After the flour is evenly mixed, stir in the pineapple, coconut, and carrots.
2. Evenly spread the batter into two greased 8 or 9-inch cake pans. Bake until the color turns golden brown and bounces back to touch. Or until a toothpick you pricked from the center comes out clean. Remove the pans from the oven and the cakes cool on a rack for 30 minutes before removing from pans.
3. In large bowl of a Commercial Stand Mixer set with paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla at high speed until it becomes light or fluffy. Add the cream cheese in chunks and beat until the cream cheese is just evenly mixed. It’s important to not over mix once the cream cheese is added, it will make the frosting become runny.
4. Slice each cake in half, lengthwise. Make sure to use a sharp serrated knife and slice the cake evenly. Frost each layers followed by a coating around the outside.
What is your favorite holiday recipe? Please share in the comment box below. We’d love to learn new ones to add in our “Inspire me” blog recipes. If you found our blog helpful, we’ll greatly appreciate if you’d like our Facebook Page : FUN FOOD THAILAND CO., LTD